Our probate application service in Lincolnshire aims to take the stress away, working with the executor of the will to handle the winding up of the estate efficiently.
We support family and friends by offering a sympathetic ear at what can be a very emotional and upsetting time.
- Fixed fee probate in LincolnshireBlow Abbott offer a fixed fee service which is based on the work required to complete the estate administration and this is quoted at the start of the process.
- Fast probate completionWe aim to complete the process of probate in Lincolnshire thoroughly but efficiently, and where possible within 6 - 8 weeks of initial instruction. However, this often is dependent on the complexity of the estate.
- Regular probate updates for ExecutorsWe always keep the executors and family up-to-date at each stage via letter, email or phone. Our Lincolnshire advisers are contactable 7 days a week for any questions that the executors or family members may have.
Choosing an accountant over a solicitor when it comes to probate helps to make the process smoother, and cuts out the middle man
G Wilson - Director, M J Wilson Group
Blow Abbott have provided the M J Wilson Group ltd with the highest level of service and support for the past 40 years. We are proud to be associated with Blow Abott.
David Williams - Business Owner, Clee Quality & Safety Services Ltd
I value the proactive and personal approach taken by Blow Abbott towards me and my small business.
What is Probate?
Probate is the process involved in dealing with a person’s assets on or after their death. The executors in the Will, if the deceased had one, would be responsible for dealing with the person’s assets. As well as distributing them as per their wishes. We are able to aid with finding a will too, should you require this service.
Blow Abbott have a dedicated and experienced legal team to assist those who need help with probate in Grimsby, Cleethorpes, as well as probate in Lincolnshire.
A More Personal Service
Traditionally, people have turned to solicitors to handle probate, however this is becoming less common as there are now many other reputable probate providers to choose from who are often less costly, more personable and still provide the level of expertise and experience that a solicitor offers.
Providing expert probate in Grimsby & Lincolnshire, we also offer all our clients home visits* for no additional cost.
(*Within a 20 mile radius of Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire)
What is involved in our probate service?
We offer two types of probate. A Probate Support Service where the executors take responsibility for the estate and we advise, check probate forms and support them where needed. As well as Complete Probate in Lincolnshire.
We take on full responsibility for all the probate forms and requirements including:
- Information Gathering
- Checking the will, or advising next of kin
- Contacting relevant financial institutions
- Gathering values of assets and creating a schedule of assets and liabilities
- Probate Application
- Preparing the Oath for executors, or administrators
- Completing HMRC account probate form
- Calculating and paying any Inheritance Tax
- Applying for Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration
- Gathering the estate and distributing assets
- Registering the Grant with financial institutions
- Cashing investments, paying bills and legacies
- Preparing the estate accounts
Call us on
to speak to one of our legal advisors.
Blow Abbott Legal Services Limited is Licensed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) to carry out he reserved legal activity of non-contentious probate in England and Wales.
Blow Abbott Legal Services Limited licence details are displayed on the ICAEW Probate Register.
Want to discuss your requirements?
If you would like to find out more about our service for probate in Lincolnshire, please contact one of our probate specialists Sophie Vines or Elliot Beaumont. We can also assist with finding a will too, so please get in touch if you require our assistance.